I am delighted to provide rituals for modern living to the polyamorous and ethically non-monogamous community. I’m a neopagan of european descent and tradition, happy to serve my neighbors of all faith traditions who would like to work with me.
- Beautiful weddings with a personal touch, based on interviews with all partners;
- Commitment ceremonies for folks whose relationships are ready to be celebrated by intentional ritual, including handfasting and the annam cara;
- Welcoming ceremonies for new members of a clan
- new babies, foster-kids, adoptions, and new adults in the community;
- Transition ceremonies for life changes
- gender affirmation rituals, new roles and responsibilities, coming of age, parenthood rituals, croning and saging celebrations;
- Farewell ceremonies
- hand partings, departure rituals, affirmations of divorce;
- Celebrations of the end of life
- end of life vigils, memorials, and funerals – and all the family complexity that entails;
- Restorative Circles, a conflict resolution method which encourages deep and reflective listening in a circle of supportive community (Restorative Circles require thoughtful explanation – please contact me free of charge to learn more about them before you decide whether this is the right action for you);
- Spiritual companionship: walking with you and asking directive questions as you sort out a new stage of spiritual understanding and development.
Fees: I ask for $200 per half-day of work and am open to barter. A wedding is about one full day of interviews, writing, and performing the ceremony (spread out over many weeks, of course). If I’m driving over twenty miles to work with you, I will add on the federal business mileage rate; I’m based in Plainfield, NH.
I am legally ordained by the Universal Life Church and I look forward to walking with you through this time of your life. Please write to LFSAlden@birchislandbooks.com.
Rev. Sparrow F. Alden
Limitations: I am not yet well enough educated to serve the kink community; I hope that kink folks can find a good officiant for their needs elsewhere.